The ROCHDALE EARLY ADVANTAGE CHARTER SCHOOL will ensure that scholars will exceed the high expectations set for them in alignment with New York State standards.
Here at the Rochdale Early Advantage Charter school, beginning from Pre-K, REACS scholars will be exposed to various careers. Guided through a step by step cognitive process of familiarization, scholars will then be able to make timely educational decisions that will provide them with a competitive edge when making college bound choices.
The Rochdale Early Advantage Charter School (REACS) provides an Early College Preparatory program serving scholars from Kindergarten through Grade 5 (beginning with Kindergarten and First grade in September 2010).
REACS is committed to a balanced multiliteracy approach, educating each scholar to "stand out from the crowd" intellectually, historically, culturally, digitally, economically, physically, artistically and civically, in an increasingly diverse and fast-changing global society.
Driven by the principles of PURPOSE, PASSION and PROFICIENCY, REACS offers each scholar a challenging, college-bound education that develops character and critical thinking ability infused with family and social values to support life-long learning, leadership and productive citizenship.
Special Features at REACS
- Special Education and English as a Second Language (ESL) Students eligible to apply
- Breakfast,lunch and transportation will be available to eligible scholars.
- Strong curriculum infused with technology, college-bound and career-focused.
- Excellent Community Support
- Tuition Free PreK-5 Charter School
- Instructional Time: 7:30am - 4:00pm
- Students required to wear School Uniform
- New York State Certified Teachers
- Tutoring Program
- Extracurricular Activities
Our goals reflect our plan to prepare our scholars to lead healthy, whole and productive lives, as critical thinking, intelligent, creative, and giving individuals. The ROCHDALE EARLY ADVANTAGE CHARTER SCHOOL will ensure that all scholars, including English Language Learners (ELLs) and Special Education (Sp. Ed.) scholars, will exceed the high expectations set for them in alignment with New York State standards. Specifically, the ROCHDALE EARLY ADVANTAGE CHARTER SCHOOL'S goals are to:
- Ensure that scholars will meet and/or exceed the standards in English Language Arts (ELA), Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies as they maintain an ongoing focus on college and beyond.
- Regularly assess and evaluate scholars to track academic progress, utilizing a baseline assessment in Kindergarten and Grades 1 and 2. We will pretest and post test skill levels at the beginning and end of each school year. Ongoing assessments will be used quarterly to inform instructional practices, programs, and the attainment of individual goals that are outlined after the baseline assessment.
- Strive to meet the highest expectations of the parents and the community through relationships that place the needs of the scholars at the pinnacle of all initiatives.
- Demonstrate character, citizenship, and community service through daily and ongoing activities while developing purpose, passion, and proficiency.
Rochdale Charter School Sites
In September 2014, REACS opened a universal pre K program located at 110-51 Guy R Brewer Blvd Queens, NY 11433. The program will have (2) Pre-K classes. Our Pre-K school day starts at 8:00 AM and ends at 2:20 PM. All parents that are interested can contact the school for more information
Statement on Accessibility: We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact Tawanna Muniz to request assistance.