Applications are available in other languages.
Use Information Below As A Guide:
- Only one application will be accepted per child.
- All applications must be received by the posted deadline to be entered into the lottery.
Visit the link below to login or create an account to start the application process:
- Any child qualified under the laws of New York State for admission to a public school is qualified for the Rochdale Early Advantage Charter School lottery, there is no tuition.
- Rochdale Early Advantage Charter School is open to all children kindergarten, grade 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 on a space available basis within each grade.
- Entering K students must be or turning 5 years old by December 31st of the year you are applying for.
- Siblings of enrolled students will automatically be enrolled once a sibling application is received. An application must be submitted for each sibling before the lottery deadline.
- Applications are not considered valid until they have been received by the business office.
The Rochdale Early Advantage Charter School will hold its annual electronic lottery drawing at the school, located at 122-05 Smith Street, Jamaica, New York. Student applicants and their families are welcome to attend. Your presence at the lottery is NOT required for your child to be selected in the lottery.
All applications that are received by the due date will be included in the lottery. Lottery numbers are assigned first to In-District Applicants and second to Out-of-District Applicants. Rochdale Early Advantage Charter School has made a determination of each student’s residence being In-District or Out-of-District, based on our check of home addresses provided on each application. In-District means that your family’s home address is located in District 28, the district for REACS. (Contact 311 for district information)
Seats will be offered in the following way:
- All siblings of current REACS students will be offered a seat for September in advance of the lottery, if space is available.
- All current Pre-K students will matriculate into Kindergarten.
- On Lottery Day, REACS we will conduct a random electronic drawing to offer seats to new applicants. Each applicant will be assigned a lottery placement number, in the order that their names are drawn.
Following the Lottery:
Each applicant will be informed of the lottery number assigned to his or her application via text or email from the SchoolMint system. The parent will log onto the schoolmint account to accept, decline or withdraw your seat. Also all accepted students will receive a letter of acceptance. All waitlisted students can log onto the SchoolMint account to access the wailist number. This information will be available within 72 hours of the lottery.
All accepted students must provide proof of residency, the child’s birth certificate and immunization within (2) weeks. If this information is not provided by May 15th, your seat will be released to the next student on the Wait List.
* Wait list applications do not carry over from year to year, you must apply again the next year.
* Please note that wait list numbers are dynamic and will fluctuate as a result of students accepting and declining seats and REACS sibling preference.
Acceptable proof of residency includes:
- A residential utility bill (gas or electric) in the resident’s name is issued by National Grid, Con Edison or the Long Island Power Authority.
- Document on letterhead from federal, state or city agency- for example, Social Security, NYC Housing Authority or Human Resources Administration- which states home address.
All documents must be dated within 60 days of submission to REACS.
- An original lease agreement, deed or mortgage statement for the residence (of any date).
- A current property tax bill for the residence or a water bill for the residence which must be current at the time of submission.
- A water bill for the residence valid within the last six months.
IF SUBLETTING OR RESIDING IN A HOME WHERE THE PARENT IS NOT A LEASE-HOLDER:
You must provide a notarized “Address Affidavit” signed by both the primary leaseholder and the parent affirming that the family is residing in this home, and submit one of the forms of proof above that shows the leaseholder’s name.
The following are NOT acceptable forms of proof of address:
- Cable bill
- Medical or insurance card
- Driver’s license
- Phone bill
Applications are available in other languages if requested.
REACS admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered program.
Translators available upon request.